- Chase this juicy Cab with a juicy cheeseburger – it's the perfect combo of saucy and rich flavors, toasted oak aromas and a punch of ripe fruit!
- With your funding, Sharon was able to work with grapes from a handful of vineyards across California's cool-climate Central Coast, then aged the wine for several months in fancy new French Oak barrels to bring you an easy drinking, everyday red.
- If you think it's delicious now, just wait – a richly textured, full-bodied red like Sharon's only gets better with age!
- This easy-sipping Syrah is fresh, fruity and flush with ripe berry flavors that glide along on its round, smooth texture, with a good dose of toasty oak to finish off each savory sip.
- With your support, Alex was able to craft her new Syrah using specially blended oak staves meant to emulate the fanciest French barrels available. As she says, “The goal of this wine was to pull together a simple, elegant, and crowd-pleasing version of Syrah. I hope that with a little blending, finishing, and oak regime it will achieve this goal.”
- Thanks to you, Alex was also able to source some of the best Syrah from around the Golden State, bringing you a scrumptious thirst-quencher for every occasion!
Thousands of Angels are in love with this Malbec – and it’s easy to see (and taste) why! This dark and smooth red from Evangelos will dazzle you with rustic aromas and flavors like wild berries and rich mocha.
California Malbec is pretty rare, because it’s primarily known as a blending grape. But this ravenous red has been on a steady rise...and Evangelos knows where to harvest grapes with the juiciest, most robust flavor for your sultry red.
For the perfect food pairing, Evangelos recommends a glass of your Malbec when chowing down on some lasagna or pulled pork (he suggests giving it a few minutes to breathe and open up so the flavors really sing with the food).
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Velvety smooth and chock-full of thick dark cherry flavors, Stephen’s Merlot is a wildly captivating red – and at just $10 a pop, it won’t hang around for long...
- Thanks to a remarkable growing season, Stephen was able to leave the grapes on the vines a little longer than usual, allowing them to develop BIG concentrated flavors.
- This is the kind of meaty red wine you want to guzzle while tucking into homemade pizzas. Whether you’re going with spicy Italian sausage, or salt-laced anchovies, it’s gotta be a slice in one hand, Stephen’s Merlot in the other.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Stephen's dangerously drinkable Shiraz hails from a single-vineyard Lodi estate that grows oodles of dark and juicy fruit.
- If you've never heard of Lodi, you have to check it out. This region is just a little off the beaten path, but it's producing sensational wines at very un-Californian prices.
- You'll open this when you just want to relax in the afternoon. Stick your nose in a glass and breathe in deep. This exotic, berry-packed red smells better than any perfume.
Your Syrah is juicy and ripe, full of rich flavors like cherries, plums and wild, brambly blackberries. Deeee-lish!
This champion wine hails from the heart of Paso Robles – it’s Sharon’s home base, and a region famous for extreme temperature swings and a long growing season. Paso’s radiant afternoon sun and cooling coastal winds make for full-bodied, ripe reds.
The last vintage even took an impressive Gold at the 2019 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition – give yourself a pat on the back... and a few bottles of this award-winner!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Juicy, dark, delicious... and packed with a powerful dose of spice thanks to aging in fancy French oak barrels. It's reserve for a reason – Karen could only make so much, and it's the crème de la crème of her Lodi Malbec!
- Karen harvested your wine from a premium vineyard in Lodi, a hotbed for some of the best Malbec in all of California.
- This is a carnivorous wine that just LOVES to be around meat. A rack of pork ribs slathered in a sweet, tangy BBQ sauce, a glass of this, and you're in heaven!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This Zin reminds us of a chocolate-covered cherry – it's intense, full of creamy fruit filling and leaves a delicious lingering richness on your tongue.
- With your funding, Sharon was able to age these rich Zin grapes in extravagant French oak barrels for 9 months – giving your decadent red superior aromatics and flavor.
- Paso Robles Zinfandel is fully-loaded, super-ripe and a true holiday delight. And your funding gives this local winemaker free rein to make the best around!
- Perfectly balanced, classic and complex, Derek’s deeply delicious red drips with deep, dark fruit flavors and a swirl of spice all elegantly wrapped up in a silky-smooth mouthfeel and a full, long, lingering finish.
- When it comes to Pinot Noir, Derek says, “the quality of the grapes is of the utmost importance as it is such a transparent variety.” So with your help, he sourced grapes from a single vineyard deep in the coolest corner of Anderson Valley just 10 miles from the Pacific Ocean, where the conditions are picture-perfect for otherworldly Pinot.
- Wines from these grapes usually sell for north of $40 a bottle, but for helping Derek get his hands on some of the best Pinot around, you get this refined red for a fraction of that!
- Smooth, sumptuous and rich old-vine Pinot Noir, harvested from the breezy oceanside hills of Santa Barbara County.
- Rick let nature do its best work and made your elegant Central Coast red with minimal intervention – after harvest, he gathered up all of his grapes into oak barrels, and let every delicate fruit flavor build to a crescendo of smoky dark cherries. Mmmm.
- This is a rich, complex Pinot (and a gold medal winner!) – so silky, lush and round, it'll wrap you in warmth like a winter sweater. If you're hankering for perfect holiday wine, you've found it.