- Having worked in the Rhône Valley for years, Ben knows some really top-notch grape growers. He'd always dreamed of making a world-class Côtes du Rhône, and he needed Angels to help to back the project.
- Back in 2011, thousands of Angels voted and crowned him the UK Winemaker of the Year. That prize money (and his expertise) started the phenomenon that is this deep, ripe red!
- Perfumed, silky smooth and dangerously easy to drink – your crowd-pleasing wonder is perfect for drinking right now.
Like a bite of perfectly ripe strawberry, this special selection from Chris is traditional austere Pinot Noir, made extra silky from a combo of barrel and bottle aging.
This is a flagship Willamette Pinot from your 2018 Rookie of the Year! Willamette wines are Chris’s specialty and he’s a whiz at perfecting Pinots in particular.
When he's not making some of the most expensive Pinots in the country, he's making Willamette wonders like this Pinot – exclusively for Angels. Cheers!
- A rich Syrah blend with a big dollop of Grenache and drop of Mourvedre – that's what makes it a classic French red! It's juicy and fun, like catching blackberries on your tongue.
- With your support, Ben harvested old vine grapes along the ridges of Roussillon – halfway between the coast and the Spanish border. It's top-shelf fruit. Anyone else in the world would pay double!
- To make the most of this blend, Ben recommends decanting it for 1-2 hours before drinking – give this wine a little time to breathe, and oof. C'est fantastique.
Imagine a serene, wooded clearing – a few birds chirping, sunlight dancing on the tops of wild berries. Ahhh...that coziness is what Karen’s rich, sumptuous Malbec is. This silky-smooth red with dark berry notes and smoky undertones will bring you back to the simple life.
Your support allowed Karen to give your Malbec the works – adding a pinch of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Petite Sirah for complexity, and aging your red in French oak to add loads of character.
Pour a glass of this red before you put a rack of ribs on the grill – each time you brush ‘em with BBQ sauce, take a sip of your Malbec and experience how the flavors open up. Truly magical!
- Juicy, dark, delicious... and packed with a powerful dose of spice thanks to aging in fancy French oak barrels. It's reserve for a reason – Karen could only make so much, and it's the crème de la crème of her Lodi Malbec!
- Karen harvested your wine from a premium vineyard in Lodi, a hotbed for some of the best Malbec in all of California.
- This is a carnivorous wine that just LOVES to be around meat. A rack of pork ribs slathered in a sweet, tangy BBQ sauce, a glass of this, and you're in heaven!
Swimming in dark fruit aromas and flavors from silky black cherry to lush, brambly blueberry, all bundled into a big, full mouthfeel and softened by aging in French oak, this one-of-a-kind red from Richard is Paso Robles Cab at its best!
Your support helped Richard source these grapes from a single Paso Robles vineyard in California’s Central Coast to bring you the absolute tip top of his wines from the region.
Like Richard’s top-tier Cabernets from Napa, expect this red to fly off the shelves before you even know it. Once you’ve got yours, Richard suggests stowing it away for a while if you can. If not, decant for at least half an hour, then enjoy!
If you enjoy Tempranillo, wait 'til you get a taste of this delectable Crianza (a.k.a., Tempranillo that's been aged a year in oak and a year in the bottle)... the rich red fruits, peppery spice and big, luxurious finish will leave your taste buds wanting more.
With Angel funding, Antonio harvested grapes from one of Spain's most prestigious wine regions, right on the banks of the Duero river. The stoney river soil make the vines work twice as hard, growing grapes with robust flavor.
Your scrumptious red is perfect for savory dishes like juicy rack of lamb with freshly-cracked pepper. (Don’t forget to let it breathe for a bit before sipping.) ¡Salud!
Franck’s brought you a decadent, old-vine red full of flavors like summer-ripe berries, rich cherries and exotic spices.
With Angel funding, Franck was able to harvest grapes from Spain's most underrated region... making it yours for an absolute steal!
If you love a rich Mourvèdre, sumptuous Syrah or a classic Châteauneuf-du-Pape, you will be a huge fan of this perfectly polished Spanish red.
WE'RE NOT SURE
My-oh-my, Mauricio's Cabernet is seductive – smooth and spicy, like roasted red peppers fresh off a sizzling grill. And it’s super complex, from its time aging in deluxe French oak.
Harvested fresh off an Uco Valley mountaintop in Mendoza – from a vineyard at 3,400 ft! This coveted Cabernet region makes wines *some* might call “full-bodied and complex.” Mauricio calls them deee-licious.
Vista Flores might ring a bell – it's the prestigious sub-region that brought BIG international winemakers to Argentina, like Rolland and Rothschild. You’re getting that same top-dollar flavor and winemaking expertise for a fraction of the price!
- Rod up and quit his day job at one of the best wineries in New Zealand to work for you. Why? To make you wines like this Pinot Noir.
- Martinborough is Pinot Noir paradise... perched on the bottom tip of New Zealand's North Island. The long warm days give the grapes flavor, and blustery sea breezes (nature's air conditioning) keep everything cool and fresh.
- Rod gave up a steady job to work for you and make sensational wines like this that he didn't always have the freedom to make before – please try this and tell him it was all worthwhile!