- Every wine Ben creates is a complete knockout, so we asked him to get his hands on some extra-special grapes to make this super-premium wine. If you're a fan of Mr. Darnault's wines, this is the Holy Grail.
- He's really outdone himself with this organically-grown red, packed with ripe, crushed dark berry fruits and a naughty slice of spice to round it off. Yum.
- Grab some slow-roasted pork (make sure the crackling is nice and crispy), a bit of rich mashed potatoes, and several bottles of this.
- ‘Repasse’ is an old winemaking technique that introduces freshly harvested grape skins into year-old wine. The process of adding (or "repassing") new fruit introduces vibrancy and flavor to this already rich and juicy red.
- Ben's brand-new wine for Angels is sourced in the southern Languedoc-Roussillon, harvested from the highest mountain vineyard in Caramany.
- Grab a bottle of this mountaintop red and appease your inner chef with a veggie-filled bowl of rustic Ratatouille – courtesy of Ben's food blogging, France-loving wife!
- This is a super-daring Cab – big and bold, with explosively deep, dark flavors - and it's juicy in all the right places. That's Paso for you!
- Richard's worked with grape growers across Paso Robles for over 20 years, and had his eye on 4 vineyards from the region's most distinctive districts. He just needed Angel funding to buy the fruit!
- The 12,000+ Angels who have rated this Cab to-date... and they'll snap up every single bottle again before you know it, so act fast!
- The kind of dark and toasty red that belongs in a log cabin – full of cozy winter flavors like plums, cocoa and woodsy barrel-age.
- ...made by your Santa Barbara savant, Rick! "I was lucky to get top-quality coastal fruit from old vines – a very exclusive and limited crop," your winemaker says. That's what you get for funding the guy with 30+ years of coastal winemaking experience!
- Serve with juicy pork ribs, slathered in a spicy-sweet marinade. It might be the messiest meal ever... but worth it? 100%.
Sam’s show-stealing Australian Shiraz is ripe and peppery, with more spicy-sweet appeal than the sauciest Napoletana pizza – and a signature savory aroma that’s like wafting in freshly-crisped breakfast bacon. Mmmm…
With Angel funding, Sam hit three different vineyards for balanced fruit flavor. With his tight-knit cellar crew, he used small-batch winemaking methods to elevate the sumptuous layers for this red – aging the wine in both new and seasoned oak for the final, decadent touch.
This Shiraz is a rare treasure – only 14 barrels were produced! Scoop up a bottle (or 3) of this wine before the number of bottles dwindles down to a big, fat emu egg.
This full, robust Malbec is jammed with juicy dark fruits like black cherries, ripe plums and endless lush textures. It’s no wonder your winemaker was Argentina’s former Winemaker of the Year!
Jose harvested premium grapes from his family's Uco Valley vineyards to craft you this expressive Malbec – aging the wine in French oak to illuminate rich, velvety characteristics.
A decadent and authentic Argentine Malbec like this just screams for a juicy, sizzling steak drizzled with zesty chimichurri.
If you enjoy Tempranillo, wait 'til you get a taste of this delectable Crianza (a.k.a., Tempranillo that's been aged a year in oak and a year in the bottle)... the rich red fruits, peppery spice and big, luxurious finish will leave your taste buds wanting more.
With Angel funding, Antonio harvested grapes from one of Spain's most prestigious wine regions, right on the banks of the Duero river. The stoney river soil make the vines work twice as hard, growing grapes with robust flavor.
Your scrumptious red is perfect for savory dishes like juicy rack of lamb with freshly-cracked pepper. (Don’t forget to let it breathe for a bit before sipping.) ¡Salud!
Swirling a glass of this red is as entrancing as a crystal ball – Karen’s deeply fruity, warm and toasty Zinfandel is full of some kind of magic...
This luscious Zin would usually be the top-selling wine in an expensive tasting room – but your support for Karen makes this wine yours for a truly incredible price tag.
Open a bottle while grilling some ribs or whipping together a pasta with rich red sauce… when dinner’s ready, pour a glass and drift into culinary bliss.
- Your luscious, richly textured, oh-so-smooth red is back! And it's flowing with soft, juicy fruit flavors like sun-ripened cherries and earthy spices... just the sort of scrumptious sipper you'd expect from a 30-year wine expert!
- A bottle with this much finesse should sell for double... but when you fund winemakers directly, it's a whole 'nother story! And David gave your Pinot the works...
- "This is a classic Pinot that doesn't need other varietals blended into it for intensity," he says. "It's got a silky textural feel with a nice, long finish." Better listen to your winemaker!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Angels love Luis' rich, bold red Montaria. The Reserva is Montaria's confident, gorgeous older sister - full, lush and totally tantalizing. It's a bit more grown-up, and almost intimidatingly perfect.
- The Lisbon area, once known as Estremadura, is an ancient and proven wine country with a rich history... but most Americans aren't familiar with the region's ripe, juicy wines.
- Angels support Luis so that he can make bold, daring wines like this Reserva that really take advantage of Portugal's natural strengths (Mediterranean warmth combined with a cooling Atlantic influence).