- Uco Valley is the Napa of Argentina – as famous for its incredibly lush Malbecs as Wine Country is for full-bodied Cabs. And Mauricio's bringing this celebrity Malbec directly to Angels – packed with delicious flavors like ripe, juicy black fruits and an oh-so-smooth finish.
- Mauricio went to the Uco Valley to prune, pick, press, ferment, bottle and age this luscious Malbec with incredible amounts of TLC... so you can really taste what makes the region special – nothing more, nothing less.
- As an Angel, you're getting top-shelf Malbec for a third of the price you'd ever see it for in the shop (if you could find a bottle to begin with). This red is an instant classic. Mark our words!
- This Pinot from the elite Dundee Hills subregion of Oregon Pinot country explodes with rich and elegantly earthy flavors of dark cherry, and just a touch of leather and spice. Picture a bite of warm mixed berry pie just melting in your mouth, with a long, lingering, oh-so-satisfying finish.
- “Thanks to Angel support I was able to source fruit from the most prestigious vineyards in Oregon,” Chris says. “Other wines from these vineyards are extremely limited and sell for over $100 per bottle. Angel support has miraculously made this wine available and for 1/5th or 1/6th of the cost.”
- With grapes that hard to come by, Chris could only make so much of this Dundee Hills treasure. Your winemaker’s word to the wise: “Once the news of the 2018 vintage gets out the wines will go fast.”
Sam’s show-stealing Australian Shiraz is ripe and peppery, with more spicy-sweet appeal than the sauciest Napoletana pizza – and a signature savory aroma that’s like wafting in freshly-crisped breakfast bacon. Mmmm…
With Angel funding, Sam hit three different vineyards for balanced fruit flavor. With his tight-knit cellar crew, he used small-batch winemaking methods to elevate the sumptuous layers for this red – aging the wine in both new and seasoned oak for the final, decadent touch.
Sam could only make so many barrels of this Shiraz, making the bottles that are out there rare treasures. Scoop up your share before the number of bottles dwindles down to a big, fat emu egg.
- The rich black cherry, chocolate and berry flavors in this Shiraz are insane. Sam credits Forest Hut – a spectacular dry-farmed Shiraz vineyard that thrives in the blazing heat of Australia to grow tiny but mighty grapes.
- With your funding, Sam could take his time barrel aging this Pyrenees red in a combo of toasted French, American and Hungarian Oak. Each barrel imparts different flavors and really adds complexity!
- But let's get back to the good stuff – the deliciousness factor is high on this single-vineyard, lovingly-crafted red, and your winemaker is so pleased. "I don't know how to get this across in a formal tasting note," Sam says, "but I think this wine is AWESOME!"
- Perfectly balanced, classic and complex, Derek’s deeply delicious red drips with deep, dark fruit flavors and a swirl of spice all elegantly wrapped up in a silky-smooth mouthfeel and a full, long, lingering finish.
- When it comes to Pinot Noir, Derek says, “the quality of the grapes is of the utmost importance as it is such a transparent variety.” So with your help, he sourced grapes from a single vineyard deep in the coolest corner of Anderson Valley just 10 miles from the Pacific Ocean, where the conditions are picture-perfect for otherworldly Pinot.
- Wines from these grapes usually sell for north of $40 a bottle, but for helping Derek get his hands on some of the best Pinot around, you get this refined red for a fraction of that!
- This refined red is deep, dark and delicious from start to finish with a juicy texture and lush, ripe dark fruit flavors, plus just a hint of savory pepper on a full finish that lasts and lasts and lasts. Thirsty yet?
- Chris sourced this premium Pinot from a pair of top vineyards in the exclusive Yamhill-Carlton corner of the Willamette Valley, where conditions are perfect for growing intense, otherworldly Pinot Noir.
- Angels voted Chris their first-ever Rookie of the Year last year, and wines like this are exactly why! He takes Angel support and turns it into world-class wine treasures like this pristine Pinot.
Dark, intense, and singing with flavor, this is a Malbec you'll want on put on repeat.
With your funding, Mauricio made a Malbec from one of his own vineyards in Uco Valley – and it was no small feat because Los Árboles stands tall at 4100 feet! Its rocky terrain makes grapes grow sturdy and strong – that's where all the concentrated flavors come from, too.
This is one of the most requested wines on the site, and from a rockstar like Mauricio, it'll move fast – grab a few before it's gone for good!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Hoooo, boy – are you in for a treat! This dark and decadent Cab is flowing with sumptuous layers of black cherries, inky berries and a long, warm, spicy finish.
- Jose harvested Cabernet from Gualtallary, a teeny-tiny corner of Argentina’s top wine region – where high-elevation and rocky soil gives grapes rich flavor (and makes for intense-yet-elegant Cab!).
- You’re getting this scrumptious red for less than 14 bucks - where similar bottles go for upwards of $100! Snag a bottle (or two) and be an instant dinner party hero.
- Dark and inky with heaps of blueberries, blackberries, and more black fruit on the nose. This is a quintessential Petite Sirah with a touch of sweet spices from its oak aging (and a bit of brightness from a touch of Zinfandel and Viognier blended at the end).
- This Petite Sirah got all the attention it deserved – and now it's perfectly in its prime! Your Angel-funded winemaker says: "I watched over this wine from grape to bottle... tasting it every step of the way!"
- Generous, powerful wine calls for generous,powerful food– try a big juicy burger with roasted portobello mushrooms and gooey cheese, and your tastebuds will demand a glass.
- Easy-drinking, elegant Pinot – with Burgundian style and powerful flavor. And it's an absolutely crazy bargain for Angels!
- This is ONLY possible because Angels believed in Ben Darnault and his crazy dream of making refined Pinot in a region where nobody dares... the sunny south of France.
- You can taste the warm, Mediterranean sunshine. And for less than $10 a bottle, you can afford to drink fine Pinot any day of the week!