- When Ben came to us with the wild idea to use a method unique to Italian winemaking on a bunch of Grenache, Syrah and Carignan grapes grown up a hill in the Pyrenees — we were blown away.
- Repasse is the technique of passing an already mature vintage over the crushed grape skins left over from a new harvest to give it even more power and flavour.
- The result? Ben has taken reds from the fancy Languedoc region of France to a whole new level - it's mindblowingly dark, dreamy and oh-so-delicious.
- This is a full-bodied powerhouse red not to be taken lightly! Jam-packed with lush and juicy dark fruit flavors against an elegant backdrop of warm spices and a plush, heavenly mouthfeel from 14 months of barrel aging.
- The grapes for this wine are handpicked by Tait Hamilton from his magnificent vineyards in Heathcoate, on the border of Australia's Mount Camel Ranges.
- Sam says, "for fans of the dangerously big (and generally expensive) Australian Shiraz, this is a crackingly good example." And it’s all yours for a song!
If you enjoy Tempranillo, wait 'til you get a taste of this delectable Crianza (a.k.a., Tempranillo that's been aged a year in oak and a year in the bottle)... the rich red fruits, peppery spice and big, luxurious finish will leave your taste buds wanting more.
With Angel funding, Antonio harvested grapes from one of Spain's most prestigious wine regions, right on the banks of the Duero river. The stoney river soil make the vines work twice as hard, growing grapes with robust flavor.
Your scrumptious red is perfect for savory dishes like juicy rack of lamb with freshly-cracked pepper. (Don’t forget to let it breathe for a bit before sipping.) ¡Salud!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Sit back and let Ben’s rich, juicy and oh-so-scrumptious red carry you away on a stream of full, fresh fruit flavors that glide over an endlessly smooth, lingering texture. There’s no place like Rhone!
- Thanks to your support, Ben had his choice of vineyards straight from France’s famous Rhone Valley, where some of the best Syrah and Grenache in the world grows. Your Rhone expert blended these red grapes to perfection for a seamlessly smooth and delicious delight – exclusively for you!
- There’s Côtes du Rhône – then there’s Côtes du Rhône Plus! To put that extra bit of finesse on this already refined red, Ben aged it for 8 months in barrels and coaxed out every ounce of elegance.
Sam’s show-stealing Australian Shiraz is ripe and peppery, with more spicy-sweet appeal than the sauciest Napoletana pizza – and a signature savory aroma that’s like wafting in freshly-crisped breakfast bacon. Mmmm…
With Angel funding, Sam hit three different vineyards for balanced fruit flavor. With his tight-knit cellar crew, he used small-batch winemaking methods to elevate the sumptuous layers for this red – aging the wine in both new and seasoned oak for the final, decadent touch.
Sam could only make so many barrels of this Shiraz, making the bottles that are out there rare treasures. Scoop up your share before the number of bottles dwindles down to a big, fat emu egg.
- The rich black cherry, chocolate and berry flavors in this Shiraz are insane. Sam credits Forest Hut – a spectacular dry-farmed Shiraz vineyard that thrives in the blazing heat of Australia to grow tiny but mighty grapes.
- With your funding, Sam could take his time barrel aging this Pyrenees red in a combo of toasted French, American and Hungarian Oak. Each barrel imparts different flavors and really adds complexity!
- But let's get back to the good stuff – the deliciousness factor is high on this single-vineyard, lovingly-crafted red, and your winemaker is so pleased. "I don't know how to get this across in a formal tasting note," Sam says, "but I think this wine is AWESOME!"
- This refined red is deep, dark and delicious from start to finish with a juicy texture and lush, ripe dark fruit flavors, plus just a hint of savory pepper on a full finish that lasts and lasts and lasts. Thirsty yet?
- Chris sourced this premium Pinot from a pair of top vineyards in the exclusive Yamhill-Carlton corner of the Willamette Valley, where conditions are perfect for growing intense, otherworldly Pinot Noir.
- Angels voted Chris their first-ever Rookie of the Year last year, and wines like this are exactly why! He takes Angel support and turns it into world-class wine treasures like this pristine Pinot.
Lushly layered lighter fruit flavors mingle seamlessly with just a touch of spice and a delicate, juicy texture to bring you one of the hands-down most delicious, soul-warming Pinot Noirs Angels have ever funded.
Derek took this Pinot from vine to wine, overseeing every step in the vineyard all the way up to harvest, then every step in the winery from blending to barreling, until it was perfect enough to finally put in bottles and bring to you.
“I've made single vineyard Pinot Noirs that have sold for $99 a pop...and they sold out fast,” Derek says. “This wine is just as good at a fraction of the cost. Wiley is a world-class vineyard and the proof is in the bottle.”
- Every wine Ben creates is a complete knockout, so we asked him to get his hands on some extra-special grapes to make this super-premium wine. If you're a fan of Mr. Darnault's wines, this is the Holy Grail.
- He's really outdone himself with this organically-grown red, packed with ripe, crushed dark berry fruits and a naughty slice of spice to round it off. Yum.
- Grab some slow-roasted pork (make sure the crackling is nice and crispy), a bit of rich mashed potatoes, and several bottles of this.
- This Cab is a wild, wonderful wallop of intense dark fruit flavors, backed by a warm touch of oaky spice and flush with an oh-so-rich, full texture.
- With your help, Sam sourced this top-notch Cab straight from the heart of Central Victoria in southern Australia, where the fruit was carefully picked at night to preserve every ounce of flavor and the wine meticulously aged in tanks with oak staves for an extra elegant oomph!
- Sip this Down Under wonder the same day it hits your doorstep or, Sam suggests, buy a case and put a few bottles aside to see how gracefully the flavors deepen and evolve over the years.