This wonderfully smooth and creamy new sipper from your champion of Sonoma Chard is downright delectable, pulsing with lush fruit, a dash of warm, oaky spice that refreshes and warms the soul all at once.
Scott has the inside scoop to get him into Petaluma Gap, the newest hot-ticket corner of Sonoma wine country – where fog-shrouded mornings help the grapes ripen slow and steady to bring you Chardonnay so fresh and flavorful, this little subregion needed its very own name to set it apart.
This Chardonnay is one for the (history) books! It’s not every day you get to taste one of the first wines from a totally new region. People could still be drinking Petaluma Gap wines 100 years from now, but you’ll go down as one of the very first to enjoy it, all because you funded the right winemaker at the right time. I’ll toast to that!
- Scott’s latest Oregon white is a light, bright bounty of crisp, ripe apple and pear with a little bit of lemony citrus tagging along for a finish that just begs you to come back for more.
- Oregon Chardonnay is in short supply, Scott says, but your funding helped him score some top fruit from dry-farmed vineyards in Northern Willamette Valley and Umpqua Valley and barrel ferment it with a touch of Pinot Blanc for a seriously sippable Oregon stunner.
- Scott made this white with fancy Chablis in mind, aiming for the bold, ripe flavors that French Chardonnay is famous for. We think Scott’s right on the money when he claims: “Oregon Chardonnay is the next cool wine.”
WE'RE NOT SURE
This rich white wine is steeped in fresh-baked apple pie flavors with hints of spice from David’s choice of oak and a fullness brought out by aging. A bright, lively finish makes this a perfect food-friendly wine.
Your funding let David pick out grapes from an ideal vineyard in Lodi for bringing out tons of ripeness and flavor here. His advice for finding a similar white wine: “Double the price and start looking…”
Feel free to age this wine for 2 - 3 years to round out and deepen some of the flavors, but it’s also great for sipping right away, David says. Pair it up with savory chicken and fettuccine in a creamy cheese sauce and enjoy!
Rick’s latest Central Coast white is a cool-climate thirst-quencher loaded with fruity flavors like apple and white peach, backed by a layer of toasty vanilla and coconut from a special bit of oak aging.
Made with grapes from the cool, rolling hills of southern Monterey County, Rick’s Chardonnay packs a smooth, round mouthfeel and scrumptiously long finish.
Whether you age it a few years or pop the cork on arrival, for best results just make sure you sip it beside a heap of mouthwatering, buttery Dungeness crab or hearty, grilled sea bass. Yum!
- This is a Chardonnay with gusto – rich and flavorful, full of fresh white peaches and pears, the purity of this high-class Napa fruit really shines.
- It was grown on the tippy top of Atlas Peak – harvested from a legendary family's vineyard estate. The Antinoris are wine royalty – 26th generation grape growers with property spanning from Tuscany to Cali. And Franc got first dibs on their Napa fruit!
- Pop the cork and serve with a bowl of buttery pasta, topped with garlic, herbs, and a mountain of parmesan that would make an Italian proud.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Chardonnay fans – buckle up! Irene’s made you a real treat... full of juicy tropical flavors like bananas, papaya and a splash of citrus.
Irene hand-harvests from riverside vineyards near her estate in Curico Valley. It's right on the slopes of the Andes foothills – and the cold mountain air keeps her Chardonnay crisp and perfectly ripe.
This is a bombshell Chardonnay for less than $10 – incredible value that's only possible because of Angel funding and Irene's amazing talent.
- Layer-upon-layer of fresh citrus fruit, with a smooth blast of buttery oak streaking through – this wine is the perfect balance of richness and vibrant fruit!
- The simple truth every Chardonnay fan needs to know is that South Africa can make this stunning white for a song. Land, labor and production costs are just much lower in South Africa – even with a hand-harvested Reserve wine like this one.
- And thanks to Angel funding, Stephen can pass those savings on to you. So now you can have a classy Reserve Chardonnay that's such a bargain, you won't feel guilty pairing it with some deliciously down-to-earth fried chicken.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Ben's really onto something here – with a luxurious Minervois white! The South of France might be known for rich, savory reds, but this wine is its real hidden gem.
- Splash a glass when you're ready for a relaxing afternoon – this is a wine you'll want to sip a long while. Rich and complex Chardonnay, zingy Colombard and refreshing Sauv Blanc make for a luxurious treat that really pops.
- Perfect with a Pique Nique, great company and a healthy dose of sunshine. And at $9.99, nothing's stopping you from filling up your entire basket.
- This refreshing Chardonnay is full of juicy citrus fruit – your perfect sipping wine!
- The success of Steve's Pinot Grigio proved he could make killer crisp whites from the heart of Lodi, California. So Angels gave him the funding to make Chardonnay from a gorgeous single-vineyard estate, too!
- Fresh caught salmon sizzling on an open grill, a twist of lemon and this Chardonnay – life's simple pleasures...
One of your first Wine Advisors got the chance to make the dreamy Sonoma Chardonnay he’s always wanted to make – all thanks to your votes and support! And he’s back with a NEW vintage that’s luxuriously rich, smooth, and full of ripe fruit.
David worked with Head Winemaker Franc Dusak to harvest the crème de la crème Chardonnay from the cool valleys of Sonoma, then fermented the wine and aged it in oak – which developed these vibrant fruity flavors and that bright and oh-so-supple creaminess.
Thanks to all you’ve done, Dave’s continued making a dream wine that reflects the sun-laden valley he calls home. Pop open a bottle of this refreshing Chard with a fresh cheese plate or scallops sauteed in butter, and give yourself a pat on the back for supporting your friend-turned-winemaker!