- New Zealand
- 3 wines
- 2 styles
Marlborough expert, former winemaker from Jackson Estate
- Mike used to be the Head Winemaker at one of New Zealand's finest, most prestigious Sauvignon Blanc wineries.
- He loved the job, but he also loved the idea of fulfilling his life-long dream of going it alone. Only problem was, the financial equation was "beyond scary" (as Mike put it!).
- That's where we (and our 100,000 Angels) stepped in. We've funded Mike to go it alone on one tiny, simple, lovely condition: he makes you some absolute stunners in the wine department. And from what we've tasted so far he's been true to his word...
Mike Paterson's Story
Mike Paterson's Story
Mike's Story The Plain Naked Truth...
"I always knew a time would come OR an opportunity such as this, as provided by you beautiful Naked Angels that would be just too hard to ignore. In my lifetime I have been fortunate to have been surrounded by a great family and loyal friends and colleagues over my career to date- without these people I simply would not be about to embark on this project! After stints in California, Burgundy, Australia and 10 years of making wine for Jackson Estate in Marlborough, I have had the great fortune to work with and learn from some of the vinous world’s great wine people and vineyard sites. Naturally this period in time has had a profound influence on shaping my winegrowing philosophy. As winegrowers when we talk of wine and its key components we often play down the influence of the human touch and relationships that ultimately influence what is delivered in a glass. These relationships are what we aim to celebrate with Lay of the Land; our relationships with great friends who nurture their vines and in turn entrust us to capture their spirit and the uniqueness of their land growing season. We will work with people who we trust and know well - who have dedicated their lives to living from their land, long term, and who's land and vineyards we want to have a long term partnership with. Wine should always be part of an occasion rather than the focus. Our ambition with Lay of the Land wines is to represent the pureness of Marlborough's striking Landscape, but with balance and texture and in turn immeasurable drinkability."
Here are of some of Mikes achievements to date:
- International Wine Challenge Gold Medals
- International Wine and Spirits Gold Medals
- 90+ Pointers Wine Spectator
- 90+ Pointers Robert parkers Wine Advocate
Transplant to Florida here. Pharmacist, wine enthusiast, photographer, and traveler. I LOVE the Naked Wines experience- getting the opportunity to try wonderful new wines on a regular basis is so exciting and enlightening!
British by Birth, West Virginian by Choice! <br />FIND us on EBAY for Ayam Ketawa (Laughing Chickens) Ayam Cemani (Goth Chickens), and Kosovo Longcrower Chickens hatching eggs <br />https://www.ebay.com/sch/shadygrovefarmwv/m.html<br /><br />FIND us on ETSY for Free Range Heritage Chicken and Duck Eggs for Eating, Organic Golden Turmeric Paste, Organic Soaps, and home-made Jams and Jellies https://www.etsy.com/shop/ShadyGroveFarmWV<br /><br />FIND us on Facebook at Shady Grove Farm and the English Baker for stories and videos of life on our little farm <br />https://www.facebook.com/ShadyGroveDuckEggs/